dimanche 29 janvier 2017

How I fucked the engine myself

Hello there. The engine worked flawlessly for months, until a brass screw I used to fill the choke cable hole on the carb (the choke is useless for me) got sucked into the cylinder. The "screw" is an injector from a propane blowtorch, there was a brass filter inside, responsible for the engine destruction.

Some pictures :

At first I thought the compression loss was from a leak of the cylinder head gasket. I changed it with no difference.


Then I took a look at the cylinder and piston...



Totally fucked up. the bottom piston ring is even set!


The crushed brass filter I found inside the crankcase

which was originally inside the screw..




The cylinder/piston is no more usable, here's a new cylinder! Not brand new but in pretty good shape.
I have cleaned the crankcase with gasoline and turned the crank to help metallic particles to fall off.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire